Private Tours and Chocolate Tastings at Thorncrest Farm
We believe that sharing our cows, farm, and stable is very important. So we invite you to join us to learn about Thorncrest Farm & Milk House Chocolates and its history by visiting the farm.
To help plan your visit, here are several options for you to choose from:
1. Visit during open stable hours (free of charge). The stable is open to visit the cows every week on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Please keep in mind that we are a working dairy farm, so occasionally we may need to close the barn due to inclement weather or during times we care for the cows.
2. Schedule a private tour : Private tours are held Thursday through Saturday by appointment only. Please make sure to arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled tour. Tours include a milking demonstration, plus an introduction to the history of Thorncrest Farm, our cows, and our personal farming practices. You also have the option of adding a chocolate tasting and talk with the Chocolatier to complete your experience!
Please schedule your tour ahead of time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the creamery at 860-309-2545.
The regular tour season is June through September.
The price for private tours and chocolate tastings are as follows:
- Milking Demonstration and Talk - Come learn and discover our unique approach to dairy farming: our history, husbandry and reflections about the beautiful dairy cows that grace our farm. $85 flat group rate plus $20 for additional adults and $10 for children under 12 and Seniors 65 and over.
- For groups from Community Centers, 4 H groups and School Groups - $85 flat rate for the group plus $5 person
- Add a Chocolate Tasting and Talk with the Chocolatier: $28.00 (per person + tax) - Enjoy a private chocolate tasting and discussion with Chocolatier Kimberly in our Hayloft.
Private tours or tastings range from approximately forty-five minutes to one hour in length, depending on the tour.
Please note: all tours must be pre-paid and are non-refundable.
When visiting the farm, please note the following:
We are a working dairy farm in New England, so occasionally our stable hours and tour availability may change based on the weather and farm work schedule. This is to ensure the safety, health, and comfort of our cows: the "ladies" are always our first priority.
The dairy stable is wheelchair accessible.
Even though we love dogs and cats, it is best for the cows if you keep your lovable canine and feline friends from entering the dairy stable.
Please contact us by email or by phone if you have questions any time.
Thank you for your interest in our cows and farm.
The Thorn Family