Tours & Visiting Thorncrest Farm
Our 2019 tour season has come to an end, tours will begin again Spring 2020
The barn will remain open (weather dependent) Thursday - Sunday 10 am - 3 pm
We believe that sharing our cows, farm, and stable is very important. So we invite you to join us to learn about Thorncrest Farm and its history by visiting the farm.
To help plan your visit, here are several options for you to choose from:
1. Visit during open stable hours (free of charge). The stable is open to visit the cows every week on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
2. Schedule a private group tour (by appointment only). Private tours are held Thursday through Sunday, at 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., please make sure to arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled tour. Tours include a milking demonstration, plus an introduction to the history of Thorncrest Farm, our cows, and our personal farming practices. You also have the option of adding a chocolate tasting & talk to complete your experience!
Please schedule your tour ahead of time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Kimberly at 860-309-2545.
The regular tour season is May through October; tours are available by appointment from Thursday to Sunday each week. During the months of November through April, tours are available by chance--please call ahead to see if we have availability during this busy time.
To book your tour, please let us know the preferred date & time (9:30 a.m. or 3:00 p.m.) and how many individuals will attending. The cost for private tours are as follows:
- For up to 10 individuals........$50.00 (per group)
- For 11 - 20 individuals..........$65.00 (per group)
- For 21 - 35 individuals..........$85.00 (per group)
- Chocolate Tasting & Talk......$10.00 (per person + tax)
Private tours range from approximately 30 minutes to one hour in length, depending on the tour. It is an additional $10.00 per person to add a chocolate tasting & talk to your tour.
Please note: all tours must be pre-paid and are non-refundable.
3. Experience the Goshen Open Farm Tour. Every year we host the Goshen Open Farm Tour, which is always held the end of July/beginning of August (1st & 2nd - 2020). During the tour we hold many demonstrations, activities, and events on the farm, plus we feature a live band in the hayloft. For more information about the 2019 Goshen Open Farm Tour, please visit the website: http://goshenagcouncil.org/farm_tour_2019
When visiting the farm, please note the following:
Please remember that we are a working dairy farm in New England, so occasionally our stable hours and tour availability may change based on the weather and farm work schedule. This is to ensure the safety, health, and comfort of our cows. The ladies are always our first priority.
The stable and chocolate shop are wheelchair accessible.
Even though we love dogs and cats, it is best for the cows if you keep your lovable canine and feline friends from entering the stable.
Please contact us by email or by phone if you have questions any time.
Thank you for your interest in our cows and farm.